It is no secret that the workplace is changing. Currently, the millennials are entering the workforce and will account for 50 percent of the workforce by 2020, and 75 percent of the workforce by 2025. Not only are the millennials driving the new trends, but technology is again driving changes in the workforce. Technology is causing four main changes. These changes include:
- New behaviors, Social media and the web
- New tools, cloud storage and collaborative technology (Bluescape)
- Mobility, the ability to work anywhere
- Globalization, connecting with clients from anywhere
These two main causes are driving the new trends such as benching stations, collaborative spaces, sound masking, workplace wellness, demountable walls, remote working, and more.
At the same time, there have been numerous studies over employment satisfaction in the workplace, employee health, and more. Recently, Rex Miller discussed in “Change Your Space, Change Your Culture” the shocking statistics of employee engagement, health, and more. These statistics include: 50% of employees would rather be somewhere else, 70 % of the workforce are actively disengaged, and 83 percent of employees are stressed at work. With these new trends and alarming statistics, the workplace wants these changes. At BOS we are part of the driving trends. In touch with our manufacturers and knowledgeable sales consultant and designers, we understand that work culture matters. Our workplace consultation services will help develop your space to unleash your culture and see your growth.
- Miller, Rex, Mabel Casey, and Mark Konchar. Change Your Space, Change Your Culture How Engaging Workspaces Lead to Transformation and Growth. Print.
- Morgan, Jacob. “The Five Trends Shaping the Future of Work.” The Future Organization. N.p., 03 Nov. 2014. Web. 10 Mar. 2015.